At DREAM Conservatory, we believe that dance is an art form that should be available for all children. Our special needs Dance Movement class is a class designed specifically to improve gross and fine motor skills, range of motion, flexibility, and coordination in children with special needs. This is a fun- loving environment created to meet the individual needs of each child. Exposure to the fine arts for children with special needs is a wonderful, creative outlet for the child while also developing skills for following instructions and practicing socialization.
A few activities your child will work on in Dance Movement:
- basic stretching
- muscle control by learning turn out positions of the feet and arms
- basic movement isolations such as movement of shoulders and ribcage isolations
- basic choreography customized to individual children's abilities
- listening and following instructions
- fun and creative dance movement games
Dance Movement offers two different 30 minute classes for various ages, K-6th and 7th-12th. Please check the DREAM Conservatory Schedule to see the days & times of each class.